Tuesday, May 26, 2009

John Denver...or maybe not





















































On our way back towards Spokane, on the last day or our trip, we stopped for the second time in Packwood Washington, on the west side of Stevens Pass, where they put on a big Flea Market twice a year. The first on is on Memorial Weekend, and the second one comes up over Labor day. We started out trying to go there on the friday before, but ran out of time, so we made time on the way back, even though we were already really behind on our schedule. As we were getting ready to go check things out, I saw a man on a stage in front of one of a restaurant there in town. Being a "huge" John Denver fan, the first thing that came to mind when I saw this man was the leather vest he was wearing and how much it reminded me of John Denver. I knew before I even got a look at his face that this was who he was impersonating, but until i got a look at him, I didn't know just how much he was really like John Denver. I froze in my steps as soon as I got up close to him....He had the long hair, the round "John Lennon" glasses, the vest....everything. It was so cool...And he just kept on singing John Denver hits, one after another. I could have sat there all day, just listening to this guy. I took several photos of him, and then gave Tyler money to put in his tip jar to show him my appreciation at not only is music, but allowing me to take photo's of him. If you didn't know much about John Denver, you would have never known that this person was not him....Only a true follower of his music would know he passed away years ago in a plane crash. What an experience this was listening to this guy.

1 comment:

Mel said...

What a treat, Katrena! Being able to listen to this talented musician was a gift for you straight from Heaven! Thanks for sharing this.

Also, I read your other post about challenges you're facing picture taking, and I'm right there with you. I have a lot to learn, too, and not nearly enough time in which to do it... How does one learn the skills of prioritizing and time management? I've been alive 32+ years now, and haven't even scratched the surface of getting that figured out.

I was happy to see your new blog posts. :)

God bless!

Mel