Tuesday, May 26, 2009

learning to use my new camera

I thought I was doing pretty good with my new camera, and was thinking my pictures had pretty good quality to them. Even when I looked at them on my new lap top, they still looked pretty good. Well, I put them on a regular computer to see the quality, and the things a lap top doesn't expose showed up once I looked at them on a clear screen. They were very cloudy looking, like there was a lot of shaking in the camera. I was very frustrated, because I had taken a lot of great pictures, and now I saw they weren't clear enough to use. I'm not sure if it's something I did, or didn't do, because the camera is new to me, or if its something else. The cool thing is I can see what the set up is to each picture when I look at them online. I just need to figure out what I did or didn't do and try to match it up with the photo's I took.

I really need time to just go out and play with it, one photo at a time, to see if I can make it do what I need, and not what the camera thinks I need. Once I know that, I think it will make a difference in how my photos look.

I've decided after seeing my photos over the last year that I have a lot to learn about taking pictures when there is limited light, shade, shadows, etc, or when the object is moving. My picture quality really drops when those issues come into play. (frown) Anyways, its all a learning process, so I need to find time to learn it. My problem is not having the time. I have so many project I am working on right now, and not one of them is finished. They all seem to have an early start at them, and then I get busy doing something else and I put one aside and start another.....On and On I go, and nothing gets done completely. The only thing I seem to notice is I am always busy, but never have time to do anything... Go figure.

1 comment:

Laura lok said...

what type of camera do you have??

I hear you about being busy I have many projects in the works as always. the parks department has a good intermediate photography class starting in a couple of weeks that I am taking in hopes to learning my camera a little more