Wednesday, September 16, 2009

THE ANTIQUE STORE










The follow up from "And yet God Still loves me"....


My most current focus over the last few days has been one of the antique shops down the street from where I work. I stopped in there yesterday to kill a few minutes before my lunch hour ended. While looking around I saw the bear sitting in his little case, and it just seemed like the perfect picture. Well, once I got back and looked at the pictures, I saw a few things I wanted to change, so I went back again today to try again. I asked the clerk if she minded me taking some pictures and she didn't so I walked around the store trying out different shots. One of the neat things about having a store with so many different versions of "light" going on in there is it's allowing me to learn how to use my camera in various kinds of settings. I tried several different shots of various things in the shop, but only came out with a few that I liked. I will go back and try again in the next few days to see what I saw in them today, but for now, I will just show the ones I liked. And yes, one of them is a picture of the bear I took yesterday, but I moved some furniture around to get a better shot without the distractions around it. Here is what I came up with for today....

1 comment:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Katrena:)

Lovely photos taken with a lot of care and attention to details.

I have seen the teddy bear in your photo album and I thought he was playing hide and seek. I could see exquisite crockery and glass ware on the shelf.

I could also see on the book shelf books like THE WHITE LADY, THE GHOST PARADE, THE PROUD ROXANA, A LITTLE SWISS BOY etc. Since it is an antique shop these books might be very costly. The Dalmatians look sweet. I could see a pair for snow skating shoes.

It is interesting to see that you can make people cooperate with you for taking photos. This time shop people cooperated and last time the dog owner posed for some photos. This is a totally different approach than what I do. Sometime I stalk people to get the pose I want and it is a very tough thing to do. It takes a lot of time and patience. Well it’s exciting but trouble some. You method is much better. There are of course cases when people posed for me especially when I am interviewing them.

You have put in a lot of trouble to get perfect and wonderful photos. Many thanks for sharing. I am also getting some good ideas looking at your fantastic work.

Have a nice day Kat:)
Joseph