Friday, September 18, 2009

MORE FROM THE ANTIQUE STORE

There are so many different things to look at in this store. The owner has been very gracious in letting me play in his store. One of the things I have found out lately is that most people are very gracious if you just ask them upfront. And I've noticed that the more I ask of people, the bolder I'm getting in asking for things that I would never have done before.


One of the things I found really interesting today was this display of blankets and quilts tucked away in the corner of the store. They seemed to be sitting there in a world all their own. I really love looking at quilts, especially the older ones, because there was so much time and thought put into eacho one.




I love pitchers and bowl sets, and although this isn't that exactly, it caught my eye as a nice serving set, so I thought I would get a picture of it, because the setting was better than most for taking the shot.



Antique books are something my son loves to look at. What I found interesting with this particular shelf full of books was the authors themselves. This shelf included everthing from Dickens, Longfellow, Anderson... There was even a Bible sitting up there. If you like to enjoy the authors of the past, this particular shelf has a wide variety to choose from.

The last few shots I took around my building during my break this morning. Roses have always been a way for me to learn more about my camera. The different colors, the different lighting, the varieties and locations make the challenge all worth while. I don't always get it right with these, but everytime I go out, I get to try again with something new. Unfortunately, the weather is changing, and so are the plants, so soon, I will be looking for new things to photograph, as all of the flowers will be gone, and fall colors will appear.






1 comment:

Joseph Pulikotil said...

Hi Katrena:)

You look very stylish and smart with a lovely, infectious smile in your enlarged photo. I am also smiling now:)

The quilts are wonderful with lovely intricate work. They look very beautiful.

The pitchers and bowl sets are in a class of their own with very bewitching paintings on them. I wonder if people really used these things. Most probably these pieces were for display only and not for daily use. Or probably only kings and queens used them:)

I wonder if LOS ANGELES WINE CO. is existing in Spokane. These old books will surely cost a fortune. You know I have an old book written by Dwight W. Eisenhower in the year 1948. The name of the book is CRUSADE INTO EUROPE.

The rose photos are really excellent. Every photo of the rose looks like a masterpiece. They are gorgeous. The lighting, shade, the color are all wonderful. I am thrilled and delighted to come all the way to Spokane from Kochi.

Have a bright and beautiful day Kat:)
Joseph